Fellow Flagler College alum and writer Rachel Pokay joins Meredith and Ariana via Facetime to discuss societal pressures placed upon women, reflecting on self-identity, and inspiring each other’s creative endeavors. Also, Rachel drinks a margarita while locked in her bathroom.
Things We Chatted About:
- Plight of the Funny Female (The Atlantic)
- The Second City (Hollywood, Chicago, Toronto)
- Rachel completed the Writing Program in Chicago
- Upright Citizens Brigade (Los Angeles and New York City)
- Meredith has taken Sketching Writing and both Ariana and Meredith have taken Improv classes in Los Angeles
- Lesly Kahn & Company (Los Angeles)
- Ariana has taken Triage, Comedy Intensive, Clinic, and continues with on-going classes.
The Original Allen Pokay Downstairs Bathroom Margarita
(The perfect Bev bev!)
- 3 oz Cazadores Tequila Blanco
- ½ oz Triple sec
- 2-3 oz homemade sour (equal parts simple syrup and lime juice)
Muddle an orange slice in the glass, shake ingredients with ice, pour, and serve.
Additionally, check out the San Sebastian Winery, where Meredith worked and Rachel drank at in college!